All joking aside...I gained 5 pounds simply by being a fly by the seat of my pants dinner gal. It's far too easy to say "lets just do something easy" and grab fast food when you don't have a plan in place for dinner and all of the ingredients easily accessible at home. When I was menu planning weekly I NEVER had this problem. Too much last minute running, too many fast food dinners, and too much money spent that could have gone towards something better...or more fun....or healthier. So with the new year and my re-commitment to health, fitness, and organization I am back on the menu planning bandwagon once again!
This week we are trying out a couple of new items in the hopes of finding some good crock pot meals for the busy days ahead. Here's what we are looking at for the week:
- Sunday-Vegetarian Chili with salad
- Monday-Spinach and Feta crustless quiche with salad
- Tuesday-Black Bean and Rice taco salad (adapted from Skinny Mom's Kitchen) And by the way...today is Elvis's birthday, so have a peanut butter and 'nana sandwich in honor of the King!!
- Wednesday-Slow cooker vegetable curry with basmati rice and Trader Joe's naan
- Thursday-Chicken noodle soup and grilled cheese
- Friday-Dinner out...ya gotta splurge once in awhile!
- Saturday-Hubby has a get together with his friends and the boys have a birthday party so....Birthday party pizza! (which translates to salad for me)
Don't forget to check out I'm an Organizing Junkie's Menu Plan Monday post for hundreds of amazing menu ideas!